The first steps in Lima
In 2008 I worked as a volunteer in a home for homeless boys aged 8 – 14 years for a few months. Since then, I have been working with the project managers to provide further support and advice to the former residents of the home. Parallel to my work in the children’s home I accompanied a group initiated by an SMG employee on their nightly missions in the streets and was able to gain first experiences in connection with the homeless work in Lima.
In 2011 I did a six-month internship in Lima as part of my training as a social worker. I worked on a project for delinquent boys (slums and youth prison). My area of responsibility included counseling interviews with the people concerned, parents’ evenings (e.g. teaching parenting skills), family conferences and leisure projects. I can now apply and deepen the skills I acquired during this internship at “Estacion Esperanza”.
- Apprenticeship as a travel agent at the Kuoni travel agency (vocational baccalaureate part-time), in Zurich
- Various voluntary training courses in youth work
- Bachelor’s degree in social work at the University of Applied Sciences for Social Work, ZHAW in Zurich
- Bible School in Colombia (YWAM)
places of work:
- Travel consultant at Cosa Travel, in Zurich
- Employment (6 months) at Camper Rental Road Bear RV, in San Francisco
- Travel consultant at the Kuoni Sihlcity travel agency, in Zurich
- Internship (3 months) at the nursing home Seeblick, in Stäfa
- Social animator in the youth center Hombrechtikon, regular project work with MOJUGA (mobile youth work) (30%), in Hombrechtikon
- Social animator at MOJUGA (20%), in Hombrechtikon
- Social worker at the Domicil Foundation, in Zurich (6 months as a trainee, followed by a permanent position, 60% workload) Housing integration, housing training, family support, organization of events (e.g. settlement party)
This page is also available in: German